Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Morning - Happy Earth Day

Today is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and I remember the first one well.

I was in 8th grade at a Catholic grade school in Detroit and my science (and social studies, I believe) teacher (Mr. Barnhorst) was a first year teacher, full of enthusiasm. Our big project for the spring of 1970 was "pollution, the environment, and Earth Day" (true hippies we all were). All culminated in an Earth Day program in the gym. I got to be LAKE ERIE. Nice, huh.

Well, Mother Nature continues to roll along, in spite of or because of how we treat Her.

Here is the view out my back door this morning. Glad I didn't plant my tomatoes yesterday.


10 comments:

Gilly said...

THAT'S the view outside your backyard?? I want to live in YOUR house!!

CC said...

wow that looks like a postcard! beautiful!

Sandy said...

You had snow?!?!?!? But it is pretty. I got to go to Lake Erie to my aunt's cottage in the 60's and 70's. The fish were dying and even though they now say it is safe to eat Erie fish-no friggin way. It's cleaner but OMG the chemicals that are still lying in the bottom.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh the poor maters would be freezing! Good thing you didn't plant...so pretty though!

Mary said...

Wow, that is your VIEW!!!!! Oh my goodness! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Gen said...

Can you believe we had snow? And now its all gone! I love that about Colorado....

Anonymous said...

What a GORGEOUS view :-)

Bonnie said...

So pretty! I can't believe you got snow.

-Grace- said...

I didn't know you were from Detroit! Such a small world.

I am so jealous of you majestic, beautiful view!!

Dirttrackdiva said...

oh how i miss views like that. i'm from wyoming and have been to the mountains many times, as my family owned a condo in winter park. now i live in missouri. ho hum. lol i love it here actually, but no mountains and MISERABLE summers. thanx for the little slice of home.