I live in the part of the county that they call The Dry Side. Southwestern Colorado is pretty dry on the whole, but my little corner of the corner is notably dry. Except in Spring when we have mountain snow run-off flowing wildly in our irrigation ditches. This is the time of year when I can pretend I have streams and creeks on my property.
My dogs have been bringing in mud so I set off this afternoon to figure out if any of our ditches were leaking. (I'm so glad we have concrete floors but they still make a mess.)
I walked the perimeter of the dogs' yard (14 acres fenced with underground fencing, .7 miles) and at the far diagonal from the house
I found a breach in the ditch and my own little bog.
Since I have no irrigation boots (we rely on our neighbors who actually use the irrigation water to repair the ditches), I had to be satisfied with just taking a picture.
And here is the muddy darling (one of the two... Decker, the boy) on the way home.







2 comments:
I love sagebrush scrub land...what a beautiful place to live!!! Even with mud for a short while.
Tina
Boo mudd.
Post a Comment