Tuesday, August 30, 2011
1. How did you pick your blog name? I didn't want anything trite and I'm not too creative. I googled the word "band" (I think) and found an entry for Band Theory which is some quantum mechanics junk that I have no clue about. I just figured I'd be unique.
2. When did you start blogging? I had been following a number of banded bloggers and felt that I was being stalker-ish. It didn't seem fair for me to eavesdrop on their lives without putting any of my own out there. I started blogging 2/25/10, seven months after my banding.
3. Theme of blog (weight loss, family, circus clowns, sci-fi, erotica, fly fishing, doll collecting, star wars, etc) Part band stuff, part everyday life.
4. Did you go to BOOBs 2010? yep
5. When were you banded? 7/22/09
6. How much have you lost? Since my all-time highest, 150 pounds. Since my initial call to my surgeon, 121 pounds. Since surgery, 114 pounds. Since BOOBs 1.0, 21 pounds. Still at four pounds to my goal.
7. What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs? Seeing all the BOOBs I met last year and meeting a whole bunch of new BOOBs.
8. What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011? I'd like to eat a little, drink a little, sleep a little, walk a lot. Renew old friendships and make some more. I hope that I can be a bit of inspiration to someone.
9. Children? Pets? No children of my own but have two grown step-sons. Have three cats, two dogs, and five chickens.
10. Who is your roomie? Sandy Lee is my wonderful roommate again this year.
11. What day do you arrive? Friday afternoon.
12. What airport/flight/time? Midway, 3 p.m. on Friday
13. What events are you signed up for? Didn't sign up for any extra events. I'll see what pops up. Spa time sounds nice to me.
14. Hobbies? I try to garden (I'm a Colorado Master Gardener and am taking a Backyard Food Production Class). I suppose my volunteer gig as an EMT is a hobby. I tend my chickens. I love to cook and can food. I square dance. I love to travel but need more time and money for that!
15. Career? My preferred career is homemaker, but I work as the office administrator for our local fire district. I've been an ice cream scooper, a high school science teacher, an escrow officer, a data manager, and multiple levels of admin. While I like making money, my favorite part of my life is my time at home.
16. Single? Married? In a relationship? Married to Will. We met in 1993 and married in 1997.
17. Your birthday month? December
18. What do you want other BOOBs to know about you? I tend to sit back and observe. I have a hard time inserting myself into a group. Invite me into your circle, and I'll invite you into mine. (I do like to stand outside with the smokers ... I miss my ciggies.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
oh I love to stand outside with smokers too..I never smoked but my whole family did and it makes me feel calm or something...nothing better than a little 2nd hand smoke :)
I cannot wait to meet you!!
Miss Robin, I get into Midway at about 2:15... if you'd like to share a cab to the hotel I'd love to wait for ya. :)
I can't wait to meet you!
See you soon lovebug!
Post a Comment