Sunday, September 19, 2010

Soaring Saturday - Day 424 9/18/10

I'm going to cheat and backdate this one for yesterday.

If you long-term followers recall, I taught a first aid class in May at a remote resort here in southwestern Colorado (Putting Myself Out There). As payment, they offered me (and my husband) a day on their soaring course. Yesterday was the day. We had a great time, but it was a long, tiring, sun-filled day. The pictures of me were crap because Will can't take a decent picture if his life depended on it.

One of the Soaring Rangers took this picture of the two of us before any soaring occurred.


Here I am going up on a helicopter lift to a higher platform for the next soar. Note the hanging batwings.


And here I am resting at lunch.


Here's the website for the Adventure and here's a schematic map of our day. It was fun and I'm glad I did it but I don't think I would pay $419 for the day.



After soaring, Will and I ran up the to family lake cabin to check the water level. All was fine so no adjustments to the fishing boat were necessary. Will took a quick dip in the alpine lake (he's crazy) and we were back to town within 30 minutes.

We went to a rooftop restaurant/bar for a drink. Sure tasted good after the day in the sun. Went and had Mexican food for dinner then went to a book reading/signing at a local bookstore. Finally got home around 9 p.m. where the dogs were anxious for food and company.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

I did ziplining in Jamaica and it was only 9 platforms! You are brave girl! Good for you!

Bonnie said...

Last time we went on cruise I was over weight limit to go ziplining. We plan on going on a cruise in Jan 2012 and hope I have enough guts to do it. Sounds like you had a great day and even better that it was free.

Ms. Chunky Chick said...

Sounds like an amazing day!