Yesterday, when I was soaring, I had reservations about the whole deal but especially about the final "flight". I wasn't worried about the length or speed of the ride (1400 feet, 35 mph) but that I'd have to walk .25 miles up the mountain-side to get to the start of the soar. Not only did I get up the mountainside, when I finished the run, the guides asked if I wanted to do it again and I did the hike a second time so that I could repeat the thrill. Being able to do the hike not once, but twice was very satisfying. (Not to mention the thrill of the ride the second time!)
And as for my band, I think I need another fill but I'm a bit gun-shy. If you recall, I had an overfill in mid-May and suffered for nearly a week before I could get back to my doctor (not unlike what Gen is going through right now). I'm finding that my portion size is creeping up a bit and I'm getting hungry sooner than I want to. Yesterday at the soaring course I easily snarfed down a cranberry bar at the snack break and was hungry for lunch just 90 minutes later. I certainly won't get a fill prior to Chicago, but probably sometime in October. I want reasonable restriction for our cruise in Nov/Dec.



1 comment:
Way to go on the fitness front!! Fills are tough..when, how much eek..but you are doing great!!
Post a Comment