The really odd thing is that my scale is in the pantry. I'm not quite sure why except that it can be slid under the shelves and be hidden for the day. There is no easy hidey place in the master bathroom and one of my cats likes to escape to the hidey place in the hall bathroom. So in the pantry my scale sits... under the bin with the chips. Perhaps when I first set this situation up, I thought that if I had to see my scale when I reached for some chips, I might stop myself.
Scale

Might as well show the pantry too!
And no, I'm not a doomsdayer or LDS, I just live 18 miles from the nearest grocery store and love to be stocked.
Hmm, pictures sure do point out that I need to organize better and give the floor a good sweep.
Anyway, before I went off on the pantry tangent, I was writing about weighing every morning. I know many people don't recommend that, but for me, weighing is just like taking my pulse. It is what it is. If I'm doing well with my eating, a loss is exciting, a gain is an aberration. It just doesn't matter. The weight WILL come off.
And if the upswing on my Livestrong graph becomes too bothersome (like the little .6 pound gain this morning)
I change the scaling from one month to one year and that little gain makes no difference at all.
Off to a late breakfast for me and a lazy Sunday before a busy work week. Hope everyone has a great day!




5 comments:
Oh I love the livestrong graph...I fill mine in religiously and weigh every day like you!
lol...I also weigh everyday but I do it buck naked so its a good thing I can hide it in the bathroom! I love the graph!
I weigh every day too, buck naked. I don't need an extra ounce. That is one serious pantry.
The internet ate my first comment...so the second time around this won't be nearly as witty!
I want to live in your pantry among the shelves of goodies. With the scale too so that I didn't eat too many of the goodies on the shelves ;)
I love how when you put something into perspective, like a less than one pound gain when compared to the overall progress you've made, how insignificant the things are that make us the most upset.
I love your grocery store in your pantry. Guess it is hard to step out to the store for goodies when a craving hits. LOL. Excellent weight chart. I like the one that doesn't show any gains.
Post a Comment