The scale is testing my mettle. After I bragged (boasted?) about weighing every day and not letting the number get me down, I was taken aback this morning when the scale was up another half of a pound. I try not to let it bother me but it does kind of niggle at the back of my mind throughout the day.
Had a busy morning at work today; just a lot of stuff to get organized for our monthly board meeting tomorrow. Plus, we are able to cancel part of our election in May and I need to draft resolutions for board signature.
Had to leave extra early today because I needed to chauffeur my husband to/from a medical procedure at 2 p.m. Dropped him off and then ran to a local thrift store looking for books for resale and took a peak at clothes. Didn't really have the patience for the clothes and the books are picked over pretty badly. (I think the thrift store lets another dealer into the backroom and he has first dibs on the good books.)
I still had an hour or so before needing to pick up my husband, so I thought I'd run to a car wash to get the mud off my car. The first car wash I drove by had a line of people waiting at each bay. I drove clear across town (small town, five miles) and went to the less popular car wash and spent $7.00 for high pressure water to blast my car. While my car now looks better, it drives like a tank because I knocked the mud off the wheels in a unbalanced manner. I need to work on that some tomorrow when it is sunny outside. So I picked up Will, stopped at the grocery store, and then drove home.
Made fish tacos for dinner with a beautiful avocado on the side. I ate about half of my taco and felt a bit of a stuck feeling. Gave the rest of my dinner to Will. I really wanted to not get stuck so I could enjoy my avocado half. Yum. I picked a really good one.
Anyway, that was my boring day. I doubt I'll be able to blog tomorrow with my board meeting but we'll see. I do have a list of a few topics for the days to come, but I need a bit more time to work on them.
Hope everyone had a great Monday and has an even better Tuesday.



1 comment:
Robin, how did I miss your blog?????!!!! Yay! I always wanted to leave you comments on your other blog but not sure you wanted band related comments there.
What size are you wearing? I can probably save you a trip to the thrift store by giving you my stuff if you are in 16s-18s? Not sure.
We will def. get together after I return from Mexico. By that time hockey season will be almost done so more time for me hopefully!
Have a great week.
Post a Comment