Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years and New Word

Bad blogger here, bordering on a bad bandster. I need to get back to blogging (at least weekly) and even more, back on doing the band-thing right.

Since I'm nearly 2.5 years out from surgery and have been as close as 2 pounds to my goal, I've gotten a bit complacent with both my accountability (this blog) and with my eating (lots of sliders, alcohol, and fun foods).

I woke up yesterday (literally and figuratively) to the scale reading 161. The 160s are my NO-GO zone so I immediately reined in and thankfully was well back into the 150s today (must've been a lot of water weight but still, not a number I need to see).

This morning I weighed 158.4. Less than 5 pounds to my inspirational goal (my highest weight ever was 307 -- 153.5 would be exactly half that weight). I had a goal to get there by BOOBs last year. Didn't quite reach it. I WILL GET THERE BY BOOBs IN 2012.

In 2009, surgery in late July I lost 40 pounds (5 months).
In 2010, I lost 60 pounds.
In 2011, I lost 9 pounds.

Hmm. Not bad but I do need to get these last 5 pounds off (at least long enough to weigh).

I do have lots of other stuff to report, but it will need to wait. It's time to have a glass of wine and start New Years Eve in southwest Colorado.

And my word for 2012:



9 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your word!!! (and your new blog layout also!)

Kristin said...

I am certain you will persevere this will be the year! Happy New Years!

Steph said...

I think for so many of us, we have gotten sidetracked. My weight is in the upper 150's, higher than I want, but I know that I can get back to where I want to be. You can too...I just know it!!! Happy New Year, Robin!!!

Andrea said...

Happy Nee Year! I know you'll be able to get off those last 5 pounds off!

Sam said...

Good word choice :o) I don't know what happened in 2011, but there are a lot of us that didn't do so well :/

Happy New Year :o)

Sandy said...

Great word. How about being our Superstar poster for February? What you have done is star work worth sharing.

Jody V said...

You're doing great! I would love to see you blog each week...I get motivated reading it!

Happy New Year!
Jody

Rhonda said...

Great word! And I know you'll be able to get that weight off, no problem! :)

Beth Ann said...

Love it! And I love that you have lost weight for THREE consecutive years!!