- I should be real busy and work but I'm lacking motivation. The first of the year is a busy time (new budget year, new files, time to start thinking about last year's audit, etc. etc.) but I just don't have it this year. I need to to get crack-a-lackin'.
- Our fire district is scheduled to have an election this May. Three board positions will be open. Last time we had an election, I had my gall bladder out. Good thing that bad boy is in the medical waste facility somewhere.
- My dog (my good dog, the boy, Decker) has a torn ACL. He will be having surgery in the next couple of weeks. It is going to be a challenge to keep him quiet while letting his sister Blackie do her crazy thing. (These dogs are nearly four year old labs who live to run our property. Decker will have to be house-bound for many weeks.) That said, Decker will be getting ACL surgery with my brachioplasty money.
- As most of you know, I'm a volunteer EMT at our local fire department (where I work in the office half-days for pay). My husband has been the EMS lieutenant for two years and is being promoted (hah, how do you get promoted when you are a volunteer?) to EMS captain and I've been tapped as the new lieutenant. Blech. Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly happy to do it and can and will do a good job but now I'll really feel like my life is all fire department all the time. I get to don my quasi-military (or para-military) uniform next Saturday and be pinned on as Lieutenant. (I'm sure my ex will be snickering at me as the world's oldest lieutenant [he retired from the Air Force so he knows all about this rank stuff].)
- I've been working to get our summer vacation squared away. Will and I are going to the National Square Dance Convention in Spokane. After that, we'll head to Seattle where we'll jump on the ms Oosterdam for a cruise through the Inside Passage. The cruise is a square dancing cruise (dancing on ship on sea days with a special dance in Juneau on the 4th of July). I have most of the infrastructure for the trip planned (convention reservations, flights, hotel for the convention, house/dog/cat/chicken sitter, cruise reservations, transportation from Spokane to Seattle). I now just need to make one more hotel reservation and some ground transportation. Then I can breathe a bit before planning the shore excursions. (I'm a planner... so sue me.)
- My garden is all put to bed. I need to think about this year's garden. Thank goodness we have automatic waterers and fencing so we can go on our trip without worry.
- Hmm... my weight. Still fluctuating between 155 and 159. I have finally started some exercise. For those of you who have followed me you may have noted the definite lack of exercise since banding (and well before). At an on-line debate community where I hang out we are participating in the 100 Days of Movement challenge. All I've done so far is walk (and square dance) but I've done it for 12 days in a row so far. That's got to be worth something.
- Since my fill and slight un-fill in December I've had a bit of reflux still. I'm trying to control it myself by timing my eating and such. I don't have the time nor the $$ to go to Denver to consult with my doctor any time soon.
- For those of you who were at BOOBs in Chicago, you may remember that I "came down" with a bunion that weekend. I still have it. There's another doctor that I need to see.
- In June I had a tooth abscess on me and I had to have it pulled. It healed up great and the underlying bone is good so I started the process to have an implant on Tuesday. Kind of weird, but it didn't hurt that much. Now I just have to wait for the titanium stub to "root" and then I can get the crown made in May.
Take care all and keep fighting the good fight.



6 comments:
You sure are a planner, but it sounds like you will have a great time :o)
Congrats on Lieutenant! A lot more work, no pay, long hours...but...we're out there! I've lost my interest a bit for the squad. Not sure why but I'm scaling back. Be safe out there!
Jody
Tx for reading the WHOLE blog today. You're a reading champion.
Now when are you going to blog next???
Updates!! (Please)
Tx for reading the WHOLE blog today. You're a reading champion.
Now when are you going to blog next???
Updates!! (Please)
Tx for reading the WHOLE blog today. You're a reading champion.
Now when are you going to blog next???
Updates!! (Please)
Post a Comment