Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm Here

Hi all,

I'm still here, fiddle-farting between 155 and 157. Can't seem to make a real breakthrough but that is okay. Still have between 2.5 and 4 pounds until I get to my magic number of 153.5. I saw 155.2 this morning (a new low) but I was very snacky today so I'm not sure if I'll see it tomorrow for my recorded weight. Once I reach my magic number, I'll be happy if I keep my weight between 150 and 155. I'm of an age that any more loss will just make me look like a hag.

Just finished up a very late dinner. Had an iced protein shake and a crab cake for dinner. I think I had a bit too much to eat there; my meal sent me into a weird combo of sneezes and hiccups of sorts; a sure sign (for me) that I've had plenty to eat.

As for my life, nothing too exciting happening. Chickens are still laying lots of eggs. I'm working. I've been on a couple of EMS calls this month. I've started wearing skirts to work (casual ones) since I find them most comfortable in the summer. Unfortunately that poses somewhat of a challenge when I get a EMS page. Yesterday I looked really cute in my khaki skirt, t-shirt, and a pair of crew sox and slip-ons. (On a medical call, we must wear closed toed shoes. I probably shouldn't have bare legs, but in my opinion it's really no different than the "allowed" bare arms... so I was really styling with my shoes and sox. I'll try to get a picture of the look tomorrow. Oh well, the guy going through DTs probably didn't care what I looked like. I do need to buy a lightweight flight suit to use as a cover-up when I'm wearing a skirt.)

Still square dancing once a week. Doesn't seem like there is time for much else with my fire department volunteer activities, my Master Gardener volunteer activities, my job, my pets, my garden, and keeping my house half-way presentable.

I'm just glad that this was a short week (today is my Friday) and I have my usual three-day weekend.

Take care everybody. Hope I can report a loss in the a.m.

Robin

3 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh yes, please post a pic of "the look"!

You're sounding soooo busy! I need to put my feet up just reading about it!! Just teasing.... Have a terrific weekend!

Cece said...

I love the comparison of bare legs being the same as bare arms ! I will have to use that one at work !

Steph said...

You seem to have a LOT going on...Makes me feel like a bump on a log :) It's funny how you mentioned the hiccups, as that is my 100% bonifide way of knowing when I have hit the too full level. It's good to know someone else has the same reaction. Congrats on being so close to being at your ideal weight and honestly, I don't think you could ever look like a "hag"!

Hugs!