Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't Anyone Have a Heart Attack

... but I exercised today!

I don't know if anyone has noticed (nor if I had mentioned it specifically) but I really haven't exercised regularly for the past 20 months well, forever. I've been fortunate (?!?) to have lost my 110 pounds since banding without doing any real exercise. Shhh... don't tell my doc!

I have found though, that since I reached within 20 pounds of my goal my weight loss has slowed to an unacceptable speed for me. I've been in the 160s since mid-December and that is just too long.

If I want to reach my goal in this lifetime, something has to give and I guess it's me and I guess I need to give some effort to physical activity.

With all the talk of Lent and giving something up, I choose to add something in... EXERCISE. I walked 51 minutes on my treadmill today (at 3 mph). (51 minutes is the length of an episode of The Splendid Table.) I have definite plans for a walk at lunch tomorrow during my Master Gardener Class and square dancing on Friday. My husband will be thrilled if I suggest bike riding (or some other activity) this weekend. My goal is to do some form of PA for the next 40 days (at least).

I really do want to get down to 153.5 sooner rather than later.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Gardening is definitely exercise, so by walking, you're doing all the good! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work, Robin! Let me know when all of your energy kicks in from exercising regularly. That is what I enjoy about it!

nikki said...

What an awesome, awesome goal! :) Brilliant!

Beth Ann said...

Last year, that was what I did for Lent as well...added exercise. It is such a good thing! Go girl!

Theresa said...

Good for you!

Linda said...

Go Robin!! Last year our priest recommended "doing something" for Lent as opposed to "giving up something" as a way of seeing it a more positive experience. Exercise is a great choice - I may join you.