Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wouldn't You Know It

Generally, I see nobody at my office. No-body. I work by myself and sometimes the Fire Chief comes by but not often. And sometimes another firefighter might show up, but rarely. Today I had not only the Chief, but the EMS Captain, the Safety officer, the Wildland Captain, the Wildland Lieutenant, a miscellaneous firefighter, and our hired mechanic all visiting me within the short five hours I work. Most needed to talk with me about something.

So, what's the problem? Well, I had permanent eye-liner applied yesterday and I not only have racoon eyes, but my eyes are blood-shot and swollen. The over-darkness will go away, as will the swelling and blood-shot, but I looked like hell today. I was so self-concious that I had to tell most of the aforementioned people what I had done else they think I was a real freak.

For you viewing pleasure, here are my eyes as they were last night and today. I'll do the real afters next week, but you can see why I was a bit embarrassed and my visitors were a bit freaked.  Here's hoping my eyes go back to normal soon.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's always the way, isn't it. You go out with no make-up and hair undone and you will surely run into somebody you know. Look great and you won't see anybody.

Tina said...

it looks kind of cool though...I can't wait to see them when they are done!

xxxooo

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

That's really neat! You have beautiful hazel green eyes! But back to the eyeliner - that's really a cool thing! What made you decide to do it? Do you know other people who have done it? Be sure to post pics when all the swelling goes down!!

Theresa said...

You are so brave, I would never let someone near my eye with a needle!

Jen said...

I can see why you had to tell them! It looks painful.
Did it hurt? My mom has permanent eyebrows and eyeliner. Your eyeliner looks great, they did a great job. I think you'll be happy with the results once the healing complete.

Amanda said...

Brave brave lady!! Having that done would scare the heck out of me!!