Monday, February 14, 2011

Catching Up Bullet Style

Since it's been nearly two months since I've last done a real blog post, I guess I need to catch up quickly so I'll do bullets.

Nothing earth-shattering on either extreme in my life. I'm doing okay with my weight; eating is okay; exercise is almost non-existent (per usual).

In the past two months, since Christmas basically, I've lost 6 pounds. Not bad but not something that makes for exciting blog posts.

It is exciting that I'm less than 10 pounds from my goal weight. My PCP doesn't think I need to lose any more weight nor does my old health & weight loss coach. I do want to get to 153.5 so that I well into the normal range on the BMI chart AND I will be at 1/2 of my all time highest weight.

So, what have I been doing with myself in the past two months?
  • Completed my EMT refresher course so I have that done when my certification expires next year
  • My husband and I started square dancing lessons for the fifth (yes, fifth) time. We took them years ago in California and were nearly graduated when I got into a car wreck and buggered up my ankle. Once that semi-healed we started lessons again. Before we could finish, we moved to Colorado. After I had ankle surgery we took lessons again and graduated. Danced a bit there then moved down south. Took lessons again in 2007 and graduated. Got distracted and just again started lessons this year. Either we'll dance once graduated or we'll quit. I don't think we'll do lessons ever again. I had to get rid of all my old square dance clothes as they are all too big. Am buying a few things off of eBay.
  • Busy with first of the year stuff at work.
  • Started classes for the Colorado Master Gardener Program. It is all day on Thursdays for 10 weeks (that's 60 hours of classes) then I have a commitment to give the program 50 hours throughout the year. Yeah, I don't do enough volunteer stuff with the fire department.
  • My chickens are starting to lay eggs again after they took a two month break due to short days.
  • We haven't gotten nearly enough snow here in southern Colorado.
  • I had a crown put in on one side of my mouth in January and then have had flap surgery on two gum areas of the left side of my mouth. I haven't been very happy for the past three weeks, dentally speaking.
  • I've just about finished having electrolysis done on the rogue hairs on my chin. Getting old is the pits. She's now doing some work on my eyebrows.
  • My husband is taking an advanced level of firefighting training with the department (volunteer) so I've been taking up a lot of slack at home. We don't have kids at home, but the dogs, cats, and chickens are enough for me.
  • Will bought himself a new bike (he's a road cyclist) so he's committed to riding for a while now. He's training for the annual Iron Horse Bicycle Classic that's held here and also has put in his application and training for the Ride the Rockies bike tour in June. While these aren't things that I'm doing, they do affect me and my free time.
  • I've been looking at cats at our local animal shelter and I got a young calico for my Valentine's gift. We haven't named her yet. Her shelter name was Gumbo but we're leaning toward calling her Weasel since she's long and lanky. She's caused a fair amount of disruption in the house since we're trying to integrate her with two rambunctious labs and two adult (entrenched) cats.

  • My ex has been diagnosed with Merkel Cell Carcinoma on his nose. He's having surgery next Monday and his wife was going to be there (Albuquerque... she lives in Georgia right now) but she's having her own health issues and must be in her town for a doctor's appointment. I will be heading to ABQ next Monday to fetch my ex from the hospital and make sure all goes well with him at home the first night/first day home.  (Yes, odd I know, but we are still good friends.)
OK.. I've rambled on enough. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again...Your new kitty could be the twin of my little one Simone. My mom was a Master Gardener here in Florida and she loved the program through the Univ. of Florida. Ihope you enjoy it as much as she did!

Amanda said...

You have been one busy lady! Love the new kitty and I love the name weasel.

Amanda Kiska said...

Thanks for the update! What a cute kitty. I love the tortoiseshell coloring, especially the "dilute" version.

Bonnie said...

It's nice you are still friends with your ex. I met my first boyfriend square dancing so always have a soft spot for it. Make sure to post a picture of your outfit.