Friday, February 11, 2011

Dipping my Toe Back Into Blogland - BYOC Friday

To Answer Drazil's BYOC Friday questions....

1. What day of the week do you love and what day of the week do you hate?

Love: On a normal schedule, I love Thursdays because they are my last workday for the week. We often have fire training in the evening but then I know I'm done for three whole days. Right now (for February and March) I'm taking Master Gardener classes on Thursdays so I have to work on Fridays and have no favorite days of the week. Hurry up April!
Hate: I've never liked Sundays (especially Sunday afternoons). School then later work was looming and cast a pall over the whole day.


2. What is your middle name and is there a meaning behind it?

Mine is Ann. There is no real reason for it except that I needed a saint's name for my Catholic baptism and that's what my parents chose. Probably because it sounding good with Robin.

3. Since I’m dreaming of my next tattoo, I’m going to ask this one. Do you have any tattoos? How many? If you don’t have one – what would you get if you did have one?

I have none right now unless you count my faded permanent eyeliner (which I'm having redone next week). I have thought of getting one on my foot... a California poppy (orange, not a red opium poppy).  We'll see if that happens or not.

4. On that same theme of dirty little secrets…how many piercings do you have? Any you wish you had?

I have five holes in my ears (two in one, three in the other). At the moment I just wear diamond studs in the lower holes. I haven't doubled up in ages (well, I wore two in the three-holer) for a while but don't wear the odd stud now. I don't have any desire for any more piercings.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your life in blog land and in real life.

Blog Life: Happy to see BOOB 2.0 being planned. I had a great time at v. 1.0 and would love to go again this year. We'll have to see how that plays out. Still following all my bloggie friends but not commenting much. Needing to get back and do my own blog more regularly (have't blogged since last year).

Real Life: Always busy. As I mentioned above, I'm taking the Colorado Master Gardener class and that takes up my day off each week. Pretty busy with both my work at the Fire District and my volunteer activities with the same Fire Department (and I'm taking on more volunteer committments with the CMG why?). I've undergone a bunch of dental work (a crown and flap surgery in two areas) so I haven't been real chipper. My weight is steady but I'm trying to lose my last 10 pounds.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cool idea for a tattoo!

Jen said...

Hi Robin!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Glad to see you back! Great BYOC!

Bonnie said...

I want to get a tatto on my foot too, but heard it's one of the most painful places to get one. Maybe we can go together and hold hands. :)

Steph said...

I'm glad to see you posting again and to know that all is well with you, hon!!