Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One Week until Vacay - Day 483 - 11-17-10

One week from today I start on my holiday. First we'll go to Albuquerque to celebrate Thanksgiving wtih my ex. Yeah, I know that's kind of wierd, but it's what we do (and have done for quite a few years). Then on Sunday it's off to Galveston to cruise to the Western Caribbean!

Not a whole lot to report on the band front. I still have wonderful restriction six months after my last fill/unfill. I don't have the greatest hunger control but do find if I'm busy, hunger thoughts stay away. Hmmm... true hunger or head hunger?

Went and got a cut and color today. My hairdresser went quite light but I'll survive it!



















When I got home from the beauty shop salon, I decided to make a Beef Pot Pie for dinner. I had leftover steak, pie crusts, and most everything else I needed. I wasn't sure if it would be band friendly, but I figured Will needed a good dinner (I only cook about half the days... I eat so little we have a lot of leftovers).

I made Winter Warm-Up Beef Pot Pie from the Pillsbury website. Of course I made a few substitutions; a can of Veg-All instead of the peas, carrots, and potatoes and used cooked steak instead of the raw. Turned out reasonably band friendly (with only a few moments of eye-bulging on my part).  Didn't take a photo of the cut pie, but here it is out of the oven.




That's it for today. I need to record my eating and think about bed. I'm tired today and we have a lot to do in the next week.

8 comments:

Justawallflower said...

That looks very yummy! Have a good vacation!

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Ooh, I've never been interested in pot pies, but yours looks (and sounds) delicious. Makes me really wish I had an oven!

Steph said...

I love the cut and color...it works for you!! Have fun on your cruise and and damn girl, that pot pie looks AWESOME!!! I'm goign to go look up the recipe now! hugs...

Theresa said...

Pot pie is my most favorite comfort food ever! Yummmmy. Your hair looks great, hope you have a blast on vacation.

Amanda Kiska said...

Love the hair! Have a great vacation!

Cindylew said...

Your hair looks awesome.
Have a wonderful vacation.

Tina said...

I love your hair! and the pie looks tasty-I do chicken pot pie a lot but haven't done beef. I might have to expand things here :) We have a lot of leftovers now too!

Bones said...

Robin, I love that you celebrate the holidays with your ex. My ex -- hates my guts. And that has been so so hard for my kids. And on the flip side, I am friends with my husband's ex-wife. They remained friends after their divorce so I figured it was important for me to at the very least, be friendly. And the fact is -- I like her!

Happy Thanksgiving!