Monday, August 2, 2010

Stamina is a Wonderful Thing

I've been really busy at work and home the past few days.

I ordinarily work just 20 hours a week (4 5-hour days) but last week I ended up working nine hours on Friday. AND had three hours of driver training (for the fire department) on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Today I worked until 3 p.m. (6.5 hours).

Over the weekend I weeded my whole garden and did most of the usual house slave stuff (laundry, etc). I made chicken soup over the weekend along with onion soup. And dinner on Sunday. And inventoried my two freezers, moving stuff around for the chickens and fruit that I will be getting this week. Tonight I made two dinners (corned beef and cabbage and pot roast). (Why two? Don't know exactly but both pieces of meat were thawed and we'll eat them through the week.) I put up 8 pints of sweet corn.

And the point of this? How it relates to the band?

If I hadn't lost 97 pounds in the last year there is no way I would have been able to do all this without severe pain to my legs, my back, my feet! I can do stuff now!

I HAVE STAMINA! Plus I looked cute with my apron on!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´ ♥
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.♥

Barbara said...

Robin.. you are rockin this.
I was exhausted just reading all of the stuff you did.
Also, I love your new photo.. you look so young! AND HAPPY

Tina said...

wahoooo--man o man you are inches away from 100 pounds lost. It seems like no time at all :)

So...did you do the corn in a pressure cooker? I dont even have corn as high as my knee yet much less figuring out how to save it for winter.

Tina

Robin said...

Tina.. I just froze the corn. Too lazy to get the canner out. As for the source of the corn, I got it at the grocery store, 10/$1.00. It's relatively local (less than 200 miles away). Couldn't beat that price. Couldn't imagine doing corn in my garden. We're too dry and have too short of a growing season.

Sam said...

Sounds like you had a busy week-end. Congrats on the stamina to get through all that:)

Sandy said...

Yeah for stamina. I weeded on Sunday too. And washed windows. And helped lay a new walkway. Last year I would have been tired just thinking about all that work. Lighter is so much nicer.

Amanda Kiska said...

Wow! 97+ lbs. is AMAZING!