Thursday, July 29, 2010

Speaking of Clothes and Stuff

It was about two months ago that I pulled out all my smaller clothes and did an inventory. I put some in my closet to wear (yay), discarded some, and packed up the rest, labeling it by the projected weight of wearing. (Yes, I can be pretty anal sometimes.) Sorry for the out-of-focus picture. The top box is labeled 160 - 165 pounds and the bottom one is 190 - 195.


Anywhoozle (ha!), I've gone through four of my six boxes so far (all weight ranges) and this is what I have.



A two-foot stack of clothes, mostly tops, that I can wear RIGHT.NOW. This is in addition to a full closet. Now I'm lucky I dress very casually at work (jeans and t-shirts usually) but I don't even know if I can wear all of these before they are outgrown. And so many still have tags (from over 10 years ago).  Yeah, some of the items are out of fashion, but women's t-shirts really haven't changed much in all these years.

The oddest part is when I went into the box that was marked 160 - 165, I found a bunch of dresses, maybe 12 dresses, most are sheaths that I liked to wear in the 90's. They all fit. I did find a dress that would have been really fun for BOOBs but I'm sure it won't fit in two months. I am however going to a wedding in two weeks so I'll probably wear it then. Please excuse my bed-head and toilet.


So now my challenge is to finish sorting through my last two boxes. The still-too-small clothes need to be packed up and stowed in my office. All the clothes that fit need to find homes in my closet so I can at least wear them once before they become too big.

That said, after I last announced my recent all-time-low I bounced UP-UP-UP but I'm happy to say I'm .2 down from the last low and weighed in this morning at 188.4. Guess all the clothes jockeying yesterday burned a few calories.

7 comments:

LDswims said...

Woohoo!!!

And I love that dress! It looks great on you!

Barbara said...

really cute dress and it really fits your curves very nicely... must be a good feeling to have a newly discovered wardrobe..

TracyZ said...

I love that dress!! And I am still loving all the clothes from boxes you've already gone through! :)

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic :-)

Amanda Kiska said...

I adore that dress! How cool to have such a huge wardrobe right now. You should freak out all the men you work with and wear something nice to work. Of course it will probably be the day you end up dealing with projectile vomit or a multiple stabbing victim or something.

Kate said...

That dress looks great on you! I too have huge boxes of clothes that I just couldn't stand to part with on the way up. I can't wait to crack open those babies and wear some of the things, outdated or not. I may be wearing party dresses to clean the toilet, but that will be ok.

Sam said...

http://banded4me.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award - thanks for your great blog.