Thanks for all the good wishes on my previous blog regarding being filled tightly. I've determined I'm still way too tight.While I can drink water, I can't eat yogurt. I have a hard time eating cream of chicken soup. I have horrendous reflux when trying to sleep.
I called my surgeon's office and am going in on Thursday for a slight (I hope) unfill. After the doctor's appointment, maybe I can do some of the shopping I missed last week. ;) Besides listening to your doctor, you need to listen to your gut. I think I blogged that I might not need a fill (or at least I know I thought it) and allowed my doc (well, his PA) to convince me that a bit of a fill was warranted.
I should've listened to my gut.
On a more fun note, Will and some fellow-firefighters picked up my second-hand chicken coop that I bought and brought it home. It needs a bit of rehab and then I can populate it. I have a friend who raises purebred "fancy" chickens but often has mutts that she sells for laying. I told her I would be ready in late just so she'll hold some for me. Looking forward to my own chooks, fresh eggs, and above all, being able to eat the eggs!



6 comments:
Oh good luck with that. So true about listening to your gut. Hope you are ok
OMG.. that is scary.. can I ask volume wise how much you could eat before this last fill.. could you eat 1c of food or less.
I can eat about 1.5 cups of food.. so I still think I could use some more \restriction, but your experience scare me ..
So sorry about being too tight. Been there and also thought it would resolve. Keep to as much fluids that you can get down, shakes, broth-water down if you have to. I found the dehydration the worst. Good luck on moving forward. You are doing great. Take care.
Sorry you have to get an unfill. Chickens kind of freak me out, so I can't get too excited about the coop, but glad you are. :)
Oh - what a bummer! I hope the un-fill brings you some relief! Have a safe trip.
P.S. I'm wearing a pair of your pants today :) Actually, I wear your pants almost every day!
Well that sucks. So sorry you have to make that trip again! But the shopping opportunities are a plus!
Post a Comment