I was heading up to Denver to get a slight unfill. I needed to be at the Dr.'s office before noon as that is when the P.A. leaves. I chose to take the later flight up (9:53 vs 6:45) since I didn't want to get up at o-dark-thirty to catch my flight. It would be cutting it close, but without luggage, I could huff it through the airport, get my rental car and be there on time.
What I didn't count on was the "pre-holiday-weekend" crowds. And a party of six boarding the rental car shuttle but asking the driver to wait for their seventh person. Ugh.
I bolted from the shuttle as soon as it stopped at the office and was fifth in line. There were six clerks and man, it felt like they took a long time. When I finally got to the counter, I found I had a very efficient clerk, and while she had to ask me if I wanted all the "extras", she didn't hard sell me at all. I told her I was in a hurry so she gave me an available car (a huge upgrade from my econo rental) to get me out the door quicker. I was able to drive a Nissan Murano for the day for the price of a Versa. The only hitch was that the car didn't have a key... and it took me a bit to figure out how to use the keyless ignition.
I was in constant contact with the Dr.'s office and made it there by 12:15. Tom, the P.A. spent about 45 minutes talking with me and then adjusting the fluid in the band... taking out all he added last week, adding some back, removing some, ad infinitum. Finally we got it to a place where I was comfortable that I wouldn't be over-restricted and he thought I might have some restriction. I was willing to err on the side of under-restriction at that point after the week I had.
Anyway, spent the afternoon cruising the mall but didn't really buy anything. Bathing suit shopping scared the crap out of me. I don't really need clothes now. I have plenty to wear in the size I'm at. I wanted to buy clothes for the fall (and our cruise in Nov/Dec) but having no clue what size I'll be, it's hard. Perhaps by late summer I'll have a clue where I'll be later in the year and can buy then. I'm afraid when time comes for BOOBs in Chicago and EMTs at Sea, I won't be able to find clothes at a good price.
Anyway, I can eat again but I'm not really sure about my restriction. I felt like I ate like a pig yesterday (but I really didn't). I did drink a ton of Crystal Light and I think my slight dehydration is cured. Which leads me to an announcement of sorts...
I think I'm in Onederland! A week ago Friday (when I was over-restricted) I did see 197 on the scale. I knew there was some dehydration going on so I didn't want to announce my arrival under 200 yet. All week I bounced around between there and 199.6 depending on how much I was able to keep in my body (both food and liquids). I believe I'm at equilibrium finally and while I'm barely there, I weighed in at 199.6 this morning. (Now watch me bounce tomorrow.)
Have a great weekend everyone. I'm off to the feedstore for some chicken supplies and to the grocery store for some food.



10 comments:
I think you're in onderland too! That's awesome!
Hope the unfill puts you at the right spot.
Wow Robin---How cool to reach this MAJOR step. I'm very proud of you for going through all the over and above (travel)etc to make it happen.
Hope you've found your sweet spot!
Sounds like a whirlwind trip~ you probably lost weight with all the running around on the trip!
Glad you are feeling better now and hope you are comfortable!
Congratulations - on the unfill (and feeling better) and hitting onederland!! Good for you!
Congrats!! I hope this is the sweet spot for you.
Wow...how nice they waited for you. Am so glad it all got sorted for you. Let's hope it is a good place for you
Great news!
Yay for Onederland!!
Hope you are feeling better now. What a great PA to wait for you, definitely not the norm. I've heard rumors that a doc here is going to learn to do fills, not sure who it was tho. That's on my list of questions when I get an appt.
Congrats on Onederland!
Great to hear that you are able to eat and drink again! :) And maybe next time you are in Denver we can get together. It would be awesome to meet the wonderful woman that has kept me dressed this Spring!
OMG totally ONEDERLAND!!!! Huge accomplishment! Yay!
Hey why don't you run Imogene with me? C'mon, its a short drive to the start line (and only 17 miles from there to the finish!)
Post a Comment