Monday, April 12, 2010

Just Call Me Crabby-Ass

Man, am I in a lousy mood. Let me count the ways...  TMI to follow.

  1. My last decent bowel movement was on Tuesday, April 6. That is nearly a week ago. I had my gall bladder attack that evening; Lortab that night; no movement Wednesday; early surgery Thursday; and Lortab and pain since then. I began taking a stool softener yesterday; just took the second dose today. Maybe something will move soon.
  2. I'm up over six pounds since my lowest weight of 212.6 on April 3. I hadn't weighed below 213 since 1997 and I was thrilled to be in the 212s. This morning I weighed 219. I know it is fluid retention due to surgery (I know about all that science stuff) but I don't have to like it.
  3. My body aches. I showed the awful pictures of my belly the other day. Believe it or not, it got worse after Saturday's picture. The bruising spread completely from under my breasts (midline) all the way to the right side. I am totally purple.
  4. I didn't go to work today either. No energy at all. I don't get paid if I don't work, so that is one problem. The other issue is that my work doesn't get done if I'm not there. Ordinarily, that would be no biggie. It would be there when I got back. Unfortunately, I'm running two elections for our fire district and, well, uh, I'm the only one who knows what I'm doing. Luckily my dh has had his hand in it and we've had an attorney guiding me so I've been able to foist some things off to them. Plus our printer in town has been great. Ballots for one of the elections are going out tomorrow (thanks Basin Printing) and I should be able to get my tiny other election in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't rest knowing I'm falling behind; I don't have the energy to keep up. Kind of a catch-22 there. I'll see if tomorrow can bring me some energy and some composure.
One good thing with being home today... I booked a cruise that my hubby and I are going to take at the end of November. We are taking a 7-night cruise in the Western Caribbean. The only way Will (my husband) would consider a cruise was if he was assured he'd not be bored. (He's not a sit around kind of guy.) Anyway, I got an advertisement for this cruise that incorporated 18 CEUs for our EMT certifications during the sailing days. Our fire department will pay for the CEU portion of the trip; we'll pay for the vacay. We'll be leaving on Sunday, 11/28 out of Galveston. We have classes all day on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday through Friday are in the ports of Roatan, Belize City, and Cozumel. Saturday is more training and then return to Galveston on Sunday.  I think it will be a fine mix of fun and practicality. Plus I have a birthday in that week too!

Anyway, I'm off to take my purple belly off to bed. Tomorrow has got to be a better day.

8 comments:

Fat Bastard said...

Crappy couple of days. Keep your head up, November will be here soon enough.

DB said...

I hope you feel better soon! Yay for the cruise :)

Amanda Kiska said...

OMG! That looks really, really bad. I hope you feel better!

Marie said...

Feel better soon though that's great news on the cruise!

Gen said...

UGH I am sorry to say I know just how you feel right about now!!! I gained 10 pounds I think and it took like 10 days to get it all out of my system (all fluids). Not fun at all.

Cruise sounds awesome though! Feel better & let me know if I can bring by some dinner or something! I could run to the store for you or whatever, seriously.

Band-Babe said...

Cruise? Birthday? Take some miralax, and ALL will be right with your world...

Ugh, I hate recovery weeks... hope you're feeling better.

Robin said...

I'm feeling human again, thanks all! I'll be posting a new blog this afternoon, I believe.

Girl Bandit said...

Just found your blog and hope you are feeling better soon