I'm just a half-step ahead of my election schedule; seeing a task that has to be done and getting it done (or halfway done) just in the nick of time. Worked five hours today (my day off) to catch up some and meet with the printer (for our ballots and envelopes and such). Got my election judges lined up. Now I just have to work on my elector mailing lists. Ugh.
I'll take tomorrow off. Ha-ha. DH is working on an order for our medical supplies for the department. I know he'll be conferring with me all day. I need to get my paperwork all square for renewing my EMT certification (by 3/31). I also should do the paperwork for my Medical Spending Account... a lot bills hanging out there for reimbursement. AND I have my niece's baby shower tomorrow.
On the band front, my extreme tightness has lessened some. I'm not pushing it too hard but I think it's okay. And I do think stress has something to do with it. Yesterday I was at work, minding my own business.. you know, working and heating up my lunch soup, when my pager went off for a medical emergency. After getting my dogs crated (yes, they go to work with me) I hopped into the ambulance and drove to the call. Luckily we had five responders (unusual for a weekday noon) and all was well with our patient. When I got back to the station, my soup was still warm in the microwave but when I attempted to eat it, I felt a lot of restriction. It was just chicken rice soup but I sure could feel the couple of bits of chicken that were in the soup.
My scale hasn't been too nice to me lately. I hit a low weight on Monday (216.6) and it has been up everyday since. That's pretty typical for me; a new low, then up, up, and then down, down, down. It's a pattern but I still get annoyed.
And I'll leave you with a couple of cute pictures of my dogs. They are now two years old and still hell on wheels. In fact, last night they discovered that the batteries were dead in their collars that are controlled by their underground fence. Off they went at 8 p.m., frolicking to beat the band. I wasn't really worried about them disappearing but I did want to get their batteries replaced so that they'd be fenced in today.
Anyway, here is Blackie and Decker. Blackie is gnawing on the aluminum Coke bottle. (They were just five months old here.)
And you can see they are quite bonded; they are always together and more often than not, touching each other. They were the last two pups of a litter of eleven. (Blackie on the left; Decker on the right.)
These two pictures were taken a month ago, today.
And lastly, my two male pets; Decker and Sydney.




2 comments:
So cute. It's so nice they get along.
too cute! i have a dog, beagle and she's our furbaby. we have no children so our dog is very spoiled. lol the unconditional love of pets is something else though.
Post a Comment