Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Well, it has been a long (long, long, long) time since I've last blogged. While I haven't done great, I haven't slipped horribly. All tolled (told?), I've gained about up to 174 so I'm looking at 20 pounds to my ultimate weight goal.

Lots has happened in the past months, most notably (for me anyway) was bunion surgery on 11/5/12. That has really cut into any exercise and is still pretty painful. Exercise (such as it ever was for me) has been non-existent for the past two months. Only now am I willing to commit to any "walking for exercise" vs "walking to get from here to there". Unfortunately I may need to have my other foot worked on. I will talk to my surgeon at the end of the month because I'd rather do it sooner than later if I need it.

In any event, I've committed on various fronts to improve my health lifestyle. I've decided that each day should have some purposeful movement (even if it is only a walk to my mailbox and back). I really need to get to my weightloss goal weight. I'm still considering brachioplasty for my arms but will only do it if I'm at my goal weight and only if I can get it done this year. (I'm 56 and can be cheap with my $$$$. I don't want to spend all that $$$$ on my arms if I can only enjoy them for a couple of years. I want to get a good 15 years out of that surgery!!!) I joined an online diet challenge (http://www.dietbet.com/games/4710) where we're lossing toward an $1850 pot. I always sucked on on-line challenges, but maybe this one will be different.

If anyone is still following me, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year. Blogging has helped me in the past, so I'm planning on blogging at least weekly to see if it will help me keep on the straight and narrow.

5 comments:

Sam said...

I love new year, it brings back so many bloggers that fall off the blog wagon :o) best of luck in the challenge and keep blogging, I am sure it helps us stick to our goals!

Jody V said...

Welcome back! Good to hear from you again! Good luck in your online challenge.

Linda said...

Good to hear from you Robin! Good luck in the challenge - I think I need one too!

Tina said...

Happy New year to you! That purposeful movement thing is a winner of an idea I think.

xxxooo

Steph said...

Happy New Year to you, Robin!!! You'd get those 20 lbs off this year...I'm right there with you!