Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cruise - First Port Day - Roatan, Honduras posted on Day 504 - 12/8/10

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I've just done a quick look at the pictures we took. Here some from our first port of call... Roatan, Honduras.

Will and I posing at an overlook in Roatan, Honduras.



Me with a Capuchin monkey in Roatan.


Will with a monkey (this monkey was a bit older than the one I was with). They (the monkeys' owners) treat them with orange soda.



 
Will and I beside the ambulance at the only fire station on the island of Roatan.





We went to a beach and snorkeled in Roatan also, but no pictures. Plus stopped at a grocery store and bought a pint of vanilla and a can of Coke for less than $2.00 U.S.

Here is a picture of me and our guide Janet (pronounced Janette) at a scenic view. We had her services all day for $80 through an agency. We told her we wanted to "see the sights", play with the monkeys, and snorkel. The fire station and the grocery store were bonuses!



Thus went our first day off ship. (Cruise began on Sunday; first port day was Wednesday.)



7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sigh....I miss being on a cruise.

Bones said...

Looks like you had a great time. I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip -- we are planning our first cruise in the spring of 2012.

Amanda Kiska said...

Looks like fun!

Sandy said...

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

Dinnerland said...

Look at your collarbones!! Looking great... I've never been on a cruise, looks like something to try one of these years...

Gen said...

Hi Robin! Love all your pics. You are so skinny now! I am totally jealous, I wanna hold a monkey!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Robin - thank you so much for stopping by and lending some support and a hello! I look forward to catching up on your blog - you look fantastic! I'd love to be where you are! Seeing people like you makes me want to be where you are and its so very motivating. So thanks for motivating me!