On July 22, 2009 I had an adjustable gastric band (lapband) surgically placed for weight loss. After living a lifetime of gaining, losing, gaining more, losing, and gaining even more, it was time to bring in a tool that would help me get my weight down and keep it down.
Sam... I only know the date because it was the Great American Smokeout, I have it recorded on Quitnet, and we had just started having our house built. Yes, I quit smoking while building a house.
Rachel, I started off quitting using the patch. After only a week I was so annoyed with them (the stickiness, weird dreams, sweating under the patch, irritation) that I dumped the patches and went mostly cold turkey. That, and I ate a lot. Also, I live 18 miles from my brand of cigarettes and I damn well wasn't going to let some vegetative matter make me drive to town.
THis is truly a thing to celebrate-- I am so impressed with how you've dedicated yourself to your health and lost weight / quit smoking. You are a poster child for better living!!! :-)
12 comments:
You rock...I still haven't quit. I need to get rid of my weight first. And I need to quit thinking up excuses.
Awesome accomplishment. BRAVO!
Amazing-- go you!
Good for you!!!!! Hard work, I know.
That is awesome! It will be four years for me in January!
awesome! i'm still working on it!
Woohoo! Way to go!!!
That is wonderful...how did you do it? I"m trying to get my husband to stop.
That is a great day to remember and celebrate... wish I knew the date that I stopped :(
Sam... I only know the date because it was the Great American Smokeout, I have it recorded on Quitnet, and we had just started having our house built. Yes, I quit smoking while building a house.
Rachel, I started off quitting using the patch. After only a week I was so annoyed with them (the stickiness, weird dreams, sweating under the patch, irritation) that I dumped the patches and went mostly cold turkey. That, and I ate a lot. Also, I live 18 miles from my brand of cigarettes and I damn well wasn't going to let some vegetative matter make me drive to town.
THis is truly a thing to celebrate-- I am so impressed with how you've dedicated yourself to your health and lost weight / quit smoking. You are a poster child for better living!!!
:-)
Post a Comment