Saturday, October 16, 2010

OMG - Ice Cream - Day 451 10/15/19

Let me preface this by saying that I'm far from the perfect bandster. I snack a lot and my choices aren't always the best. But tonight I had my first ever (in 15 months) full-blown binge.

Tonight, just a few minutes ago, I dug into a carton of vanilla ice cream (that had been in the freezer for months... untouched) and ate nearly half of it. I only stopped because one more spoon would have put me over the edge.

What the heck was I thinking? Oh... I guess I wasn't.

So much for kicking this plateau any time soon.

8 comments:

Alison said...

Plateau's invariably make me binge, it's so dispiriting trying so hard and the scale not moving.
You did well not eating the rest of the carton, not sure that I would have stopped. You might be surprised with your plateau, I sometimes find on a day when I've eaten a little more than usual I have a small loss a day later.
Fingers crossed for you.

Barbara said...

Oh Robin.. I totally understand this indulging.. I ate an ENTIRE quart of Ben and Jerrys one time (stress eating).. yeah.. I hated myself afterwards and it didnt fix anything.. best to let it go and move on..

Lily's Mommy said...

I had a day like that this week. Can't beat yourself up over it though. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and know that you need to do better. You aren't alone. Funny how you can do so well, but then all of a sudden, fall off the wagon. That is why this is a life-long way of living....not a diet. You can do it!

Linda said...

I agree with Barbara - you know you made a bad choice, but it happens. Plus your good days far out weigh this one binge.

Tina said...

i am just echoing everyone else...we all have done it. I did it pre-band in super scary quantities and post-band in reasonable quantities (especially compared to before the band). I was always super-grateful the band kept me in check even just a little bit.

Sandy said...

We're plateauing together. And I got stuck on ice cream last night. Thought it would help after a terrible stuck episode, but I think I was too swollen. Much better today.

My downfall right now is chocolate. Bet you're getting excited for your cruise. You'll look great in all those lovely clothes you bought in Chicago. I wish I had picked up some Spanx as I didn't find a store in San Francisco. I think I'll look on-line as they aren't carried here in Canada.

Plateaus always break. That's what I'm hoping for.

Cindylew said...

How the heck did you make it 15 months without ice cream or a binge...you're my hero.
Shake it off and do better tomorrow.

Gen said...

Well, since I just ate 2 cookies (which is a LOT for me these days), I'm not the one to give advice...

Seriously, how did you make it for so long without one mini-binge like this? I think its actually a NSV in disguise!