Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 454 - 10/18/10

Not much to report today. Band is doing its job. Trying to stay extra busy (and away from food) so I'm not so tempted to snack.

I did stop at McDonalds for an iced tea this afternoon and succumbed to a small french fries. I think this is the first fries I've ordered in over a year. I ate 6 fries and needed to stop. They sure weren't setting  very well. My dogs enjoyed the rest with their dinner.

We were called out for a possible motor vehicle accident this evening and I took off to the station. It was so fun pulling on my new jumpsuit (over my jeans and sweatshirt) with plenty of room to spare. Luckily, there was no accident so I could come home.

After much running around, I managed to finally get my flu shot. (Since becoming an EMT I'm finding that I want the protection of the shots since I come into contact with so many sick folks.) I tried last Thursday to get one at one of our supermarkets but they said my insurance wouldn't cover that "product". I called the insurance company and they assured me that it was covered at that pharmacy. Tried another store - same brand pharmacy - same issue. Went to another brand pharmacy-- even though their signage, website, and Muzak all say that they give flu shots, the pharmacist isn't certified to do it. Went to another drugstore and we were told we had to wait until Tom came back. When is Tom coming back,  you might ask? Next Friday!!!  ACK.  Finally went to Walgreen's and they had vaccine, had a certified pharmacist, were able to deal with my insurance, and to boot, I got a $3.00 off my next purchase coupon with my free-to-me flu shot. Now my arm hurts, but I'm protected.

That's it for me. Hope all is well in BandLand.

1 comment:

Amanda Kiska said...

I have problems with McDonald's fries too.