1. Love or money? High salary or job satisfaction?
Well, my Mom always said you can love a rich man as well as a poor one, and in some respects, I agree. (I don't think there is one mate for each of us. That said, I never really looked for a rich man (nor did I find one) but I did find one(s) that had enough brains and character to provide well for me (with my participation, of course).
Since I've always followed husbands around with their jobs (our choice), I've tended to look for job satisfaction for myself. I currently love my part-time job that is a perfect fit for my life right now. While more money would be great, I get a lot of satisfaction out of serving our community and having a lot of daily flexibility.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
I love my afternoons alone at home.
3. My in-laws just had their wills done so it made me wonder this. Do you have a will? Did you tell anyone your wish to be kept alive or not?
DH and I both have wills. I have absolutely NO family left (well... I guess I have cousins) and I wanted to make sure my assets go where I want them to go. I am not about to let the state decide how my assets (much of which came from my mother) will be disbursed. While I'm not thrilled with the allocations I made six years ago, they will suffice for now (because heck, I'll be dead and it really won't matter). DH and I both also have living wills.
Preparing our wills was pretty emotional for me since I don't have any logical heirs. It was kind of tough to realize that most of my things would have no value past my life. Pictures of my family (parents, grandparents, deceased brother etc), family heirlooms, etc will have no place to go once I die. Ugh... I guess I shouldn't have gone there today...
4. Repeat question. Pick one thing for one day you'll do next week that aids in your physical or mental health.
I bet I didn't do last week's (walk on Tuesday... nope!). Let's see... let's try walk on Tuesday again.
5. Repeat questions. Make someone a superstar for a moment...whose comment or blog stuck with you this week and why.
I need to make notes this week when I read so that I'm ready for this question.



2 comments:
Great answers, wow to #3, that's a very sobering thought.
Great answers. I am a scrapbooker so I fully appreciate that the next person to get my photos may not be interested in what papers I used to decorate the page but they gave me joy so thats one thing. I would love it if you would bequeath me a family photo with a description. A slice of American history. I am sure you have lots of friends who would be very happy to receive a photo. In the very distant future though x
Post a Comment