Monday, May 3, 2010

Just a Quickie - More Traveling Clothes - Election Day Tomorrow

I made the big mistake of tearing apart some boxes this afternoon and now my bedroom looks like a department store exploded. I need to put the clothes up soon (it's 8:20 p.m.) because I have to go to bed early because tomorrow is our district's election and I have to be at the post office at 6:30 so I can be in my office at 7 a.m.  Our polling place must be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for folks to drop off ballots. And then I have a board meeting from 7 p.m. until ???. (It was one month ago at the last board meeting that I had my gall bladder attack that led to surgery two days later. What a month this has been.)

Well anyway, amongst the clothes that exploded out of boxes was a two piece silk outfit that I wore to a wedding in England a few years back. It says it is a 2X but I was about 230 pounds (I'm 5'6") when I wore it. It is a real pretty dove gray and very soft. I even have the hat that I found in England and wore to the wedding to give away.

Here's a picture of me wearing the dress alongside my dapper husband.



If anyone is interested in this outfit, e-mail me at robin@walshweb.org and I'd love to pass it along.

2 comments:

Gen said...

Very cool! What a handsome Hubby. Good luck with the elections.

Amanda Kiska said...

I hope you get a nice long vacation after this crazy month you've had!