Not a very good one, though.
First thing this morning I thought I'd double check some reservations I made in February for June. Mid-June Will is going to do a bicycle tour and I'm going to drive the route, do some touring, and carry his gear. It's 7 days and 532 miles. They announced the route in February and before they even held the lottery to pick the riders, I booked hotels in each of the host towns. There are two stops in towns with hot springs and I got great reservations. Most of these towns are very small so lodging is scarce. Well... I decided to look over the reservations today and lo-and-behold, I was off one day on every damn reservation. I had us getting to each town a day early!!!
While I was able to book rooms for the tour (and cancel all the existing reservations) the new itinerary will involve a lot of backtracking for me. As an example, if Will has a 80 mile ride day, I'll be driving those 80 miles (plus some touring, sightseeing, and shopping), pick him up, drive maybe another 40 miles to the hotel. Then the next morning, I'll have to backtrack to where I picked him up so he can start the next day's ride. Plus of course, I don't have rooms near the hot springs any longer. Sigh. Oh well, we'll still have fun (and I'm glad I could at least pull the trip off again).
Then I booked my flight to Chicago. Gen... I decided I wasn't getting on the 6:15 ayem flight so I'm on the same flights as you!
And then it was time to book flights for our cruise in November. I have never in my life booked anything this far in advance. So, I have that taken care of. Now I just need to get the dog kennel reservations for June. We have a house/dog sitter lined up for November.
BAND NEWS:
My band continues to do it's thing for me. We went to my brother-in-law's 50th birthday dinner last night and I was able to eat a bit more than necessary but I think the nice little glass of wine I had helped that along. Plus the eating was leisurely so I was able to pick at the 1/2 burger patty and 1" of bratwurst and it went down fine. As did the nibbles of coconut cake that was the birthday cake.
I have a fill scheduled for May 7 but I'm thinking I'll reschedule. I'm still quite tight. Since I have to fly to Denver for my fills, I'd rather postpone a bit and conserve my money a bit, especially since the band still seems to be giving me good restriction.
I feel a bit snacky, but I really think that's in my head.
Now that it is already tomorrow, I'd best hit the sack. Will is heading out of town tomorrow so he'll be up and out early (as will the dogs).



4 comments:
Too bad about missing the rooms near the hot springs. I'm a last minute planner-you might wait til closer to the date and see if anything opens up!
Thanks for the lovely roomie comments on my post. I was never worried really. I'm sure we will make great roomies. I'm actually staying a couple extra days to explore with Sally (from OZ) and Roo and will probably bunk in with them on the Sunday and Monday nights. They'll be sending us the hotel info by e-mail, so I'll make the reservations and let you know.
Sounds like you have a lot of fun travel coming up. Since I'm getting banded this summer, we kept our vacation plans low key, but I will be coming to BOOBS in Chicago. Can't wait for that! I'm hoping that we can do a cruise January of 2011.
Hi girl.....I received the clothes yesterday! I can not thank you enough!!!! I will do a fashion show post later! :) Thanks again!
New reader here :) Just want to let you know I've enjoyed reading your blog. I'm just starting and the blogs have been so wonderful, it's nice to know I'm not nuts after all lol. Plus..... I'm in Farmington! If insurance comes thru I'll have mine done in Abq.
Post a Comment