Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm Back

I love having an IT geek for a husband. While he couldn't rescue my old hard drive (catastrophic failure of the first magnitude), he did install a new hard drive and I'm up and running again.

Lesson Learned... do complete backups. While I had much stuff backed up (pictures, email, Quicken data, weight loss records), I didn't have any of my "business stuff". I've lost the last two years of book inventory and postage records (I sell used books on the internet).

Results... my husband will be setting up my new backup scheme (the geek that he is). Also, I'm getting out of the book selling business. I'm tired of boxes and books overwhelming my office and my life. I'll keep the most valuable of the books (that's perhaps 100 books... or four boxes) and the rest are out of here. Then I can concentrate on clearing my garage of fine eBay merchandise (will probably send it all to the thrift store). Then I can set up my treadmill either in my office or the newly cleaned third bay of the garage.

Weight-wise, all is well. I'm at a new recent low... 212.6. I haven't weighed under 213 since 1997 when I lost weight on Optifast (and got down to 185). My band seems to be doing its job, most of the time. My portions are under control.

I'll have another blog later... I have some clothes to disperse via the Travelling Pants method. Otherwise, off to the thrift store for those too.

7 comments:

Gen said...

Hi Robin - let's try for later in the week, next Thurs or maybe Friday for lunch? I have to get a paper done by Wednesday.

Let me know if you are interested in size 16 anything - I mostly have tops and skirts to give away I think.

Hopefully see you next week!

Ashli said...

I used to sell used books too. We used Amazon. We stopped doing it though. Just took up too much time and wasn't bringing in enough to keep us interested in putting up with the amount of space it took up and what not. Anyway, I was looking through my followers and found you. I'm now following you. :)

Kim said...

Good luck w/ the gall bladder, Robin! Hope you're doing well!

Gen said...

Robin, feel better! Let me know how the appointment with the surgeon goes...

Debi said...

I just found out about your Gallbladder problems through Gen's blog.

I hope you feel better soon! Let us know when your Surgery will be.

Theresa said...

Hope you are feeling better real soon!

Lap Band Groupie said...

OoooH Robin! Gallbladder attacks are NO fun! You'll be right as rain once they get that sucker out though. Just got mine out last Monday and I'm doing great a week later (no pain pills anymore or anything)! My LB surgeon also did the gallbladder surgery. Keep us posted and feel better soon! -BG