Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Out of Sorts

I'm really not one to complain publicly, but I'm just really out of sorts today.

I'm scheduled for a fill on Friday but I'm not sure I need it. Since my doc is across the state, I need to fly to him, thus must make my travel arrangements without being absolutely certain that I need to go. (When I made my travel arrangements three weeks ago, my fill was pretty weak feeling. This week, a whole 'nother story.) There's one stressor for me.

I've been on three calls this week as an EMT (two fire calls and one medical). While that doesn't seem like much, one fire call was eight hours on Sunday; the medical call was in the middle of the night on Monday/Tuesday; and the other fire call was Tuesday night in a snowy fog (and I had to drive the ambulance). There's my second stressor.

The fire district where I work is having an election in May for new board members (that's relatively easy); a ballot question to add properties (a small number of electors, also easy), and a question to raise the mill levy. I'm the election official (it's part of my job at the district... separate from my volunteer activities) and having elections is my least favorite part of my job. The mill levy increase is important and I think I'll be on edge for the next two months. Stressor number three.

We are cycling between mud and snow and I can't seem to get any exercise in. The ground refuses to either freeze or dry out. I guess I'm getting tired of winter. Number four.

Sigh. Oh well, maybe a good night's sleep will help.

I'm heading up to Denver tomorrow and will see my surgeon on Friday. I might or might not get a fill. I will get a pedicure and do some shopping.

(I have a sense that this blog entry is a repeat from the last one but I'm too lazy to look.)

Anyway, I hope you all have a good end of the week and I'll see you when I get back.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow, Robin, I can't imagine having to fly somewhere to get my fills!! You are having one of those weeks it sounds like! I hope everything goes well with the end of your week and that you have a good pedi!! That always makes ME happy!! :o) One foot in front of the other, Girl!!

Sarah said...

I was there yesterday - totally get it ! If you can't use your blog to vent, then something is wrong. Have a safe trip - and keep us posted!!! And I agree... one step at a time...